lookup hoppin welch washington
  Home | Mission | Contact | Book Review | Sea to Shining Sea | AMBER Libs | Community | What's New |
About Me
»Bio
»Contact
»John Craft
Internal Links
»Consulting
»Code Tools
»Games
»Mac Goodies
»Blogger
»Blog Mirror
Key Links
»Book Review
»John Welch
»Elizabeth
»A Ray of Sun Shine
»A Ray of Sun Shine
»NCBI
Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, August 27, 2004

Protonate

I developed the automation script after getting one successful dyana->leap->sander run completed. It should have worked correctly, however the same error occurred. FATAL: Atom .R NCYS 1.A HS 14 does not have a type. I have now discovered that I had correctly modified the nomenclature for the cysteine residue's proton on the sulfur atom. I had in fact used HSG as required. That solution was masked because protonate also changes nomenclature and over wrote my fix. Now I have added a sed line:

sed -e 's/ HG /CYS/HSG CYS/' < leap_temp.apdb > leap_temp_pro.pdb

after protonate has updated the file and before leap processes the data

Does anyone know how to make protonate produce nomenclature for leap in the first place. Or at least have tleap recognize the original HG nomenclature?

My concern is that even though my sed line patches the problem, it could cause problems in a future protein that has a CYS at some other location other than the n-terminus. I also know that a serine also labels a proton HG so global substitution will not work.

Comments:
Reply from amber help

I am not able to figure out your problem. "HG" is the name used in all
amber libraries (except for the very old united atom residues). Your
web site indicates that you found a line with "HSG" in it, but it doesn't say
exactly which file this was found in. Using leaprc.ff99 should give you
"HG" as the cysteine proton name.

So I think we will need more details about exactly what you are doing...I
can't see how to reproduce the problem you are seeing.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

"You need to check this one out about taking action in Darfur!" -Crab Turtle
What's New
I am finishing up my rotation!
Capital Web Design